Thursday, January 27, 2011

Giving God All the Glory....Official Acceptance/Fundraiser

As I mentioned in my previous post we were blessed to have a fundraiser Monday through Wednesday of this week. This very sweet lady named Sarah who has a shop on Etsy did the fundraiser for us. I have never met Sarah and actually had never even talked to her when I asked her about the fundraiser. I just happened to come across her site through another family's fundraiser. Sarah had posted on her site that she would do fundraisers for families who were adopting. I thought this was very nice of her. Before the fundraiser started, I didn't know what to expect. I thought that we would be doing good if sold 10 pendants. I don't know why, but I just thought it was going to be hard to get the word out. I hadn't officially posted anything about the adoption on facebook yet and I thought many people were going to be surprised. Also....I'm not a very good sales lady. I usually end up talking the person out of buying whatever it is I'm trying to sell...lol!!! Anyway, I must say, this was definitely another one of those times when I saw God completely working things out! It was amazing. We not only sold 10 pendants, but we sold 94 total!!! I was jumping for JOY ;) ;) This was such a blessing because we signed our official acceptance form to adopt Joy on Tuesday! We are so happy and so relieved, but along with the excitement and happiness there is also a BIG bunch of money to be sent out. This fundraiser couldn't have happened at a better time. We are still a little bit short of sending out the entire amount. It turned out to be a little more than we expected because I didn't realize we had to pay for Joy's visa and medical stuff at the time of the match. I was just focused on the big amount, which we have been so blessed to receive from friends and family. It has been truly amazing to see God work this out. I know I've said that before, but it truly has. I just want to shout it out and tell everyone what He has done to bring Joy home with us!

Oh......I guess I should get to the part about Joy....I think maybe everyone who follows my blog already knows, her name is Joy :) She is 12 years old. We got a new picture of Joy, although I'm not allowed to share it yet. She is small framed and slender with long black hair and she has the most beautiful smile! We found out her favorite color is blue and her favorite things are shoes and bags :) :)  I am now preparing a photo book to send to Joy. It will include pictures of us of course, our house, the neighborhood, the community and some pics of the weather. I hope she likes snow because we've had plenty this year! I guess the first things I will be buying for her are snow boots, sweaters, and a coat! I am not sure what the weather will be when she comes home. It may be late spring, which will still probably be pretty chilly coming from a tropical island :) I lived here all my life and I've never gotten used to the cold winters. But of course, we will probably be hitting the 90s by June ;)   

On another note, we are STILL waiting on I800A approval!! We found out why, it has something to do with a new law that has changed in NC since we submitted our application. Chuck used to live in NC. Hopefully this will be cleared up in a few days and we will get our approval!

Thank you for all the prayers and support! I appreciate each and every one of you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment